Friday, January 16, 2009

Just For You, Jess!

Since Jess was so convincing in persuading us to start a blog, we have done just that! We hope you all enjoy reading about and seeing pictures from our new home. :)


Sunday, January 11, 2009

We ran a few errands and then picked up our 14-foot U-Haul truck. We finished packing up the last odds and ends before family and friends came to help us load up all our earthly belongings. The truck was loaded in just a few hours and we were ready to go. After some hard goodbyes (not as many tears as I expected, but hard nonetheless) we said one last goodbye to our trusty 380 square-foot cabin and loaded up for the journey. We arrived in Fort Collins at the Days Inn around 8:30. We watched the weather and felt good about the driving conditions for the next day's drive. Little did we know...


Monday, January 12, 2009

We woke up to a little bit of snow! We looked at the weather channel again, and we are fortunate that we went as far as Fort Collins the night before because Denver got hit really hard with the storm. So, we enjoyed our continental breakfast of cereal and bagels (and coffee for Nathan) and we hit the road. The roads were pretty sketchy (to say the least) from Fort Collins for about the next 80 miles or so, but we took our time and made it just fine.





(By the way, our dog is a contortionist...I guess he had to find exciting ways to sleep since that's all he had to do!)







Throughout the rest of Wyoming the roads were dry, and I even took a turn driving the moving truck (I much prefer the jeep, though.) After driving it I appreciated Nathan even more for having driven it on the icy interstate. I just had to drive it in the wind. After getting to I-90 in Buffalo, WY the roads started to get a little snowy again, so we decided to stop in Sheridan for the night since it was close to dark and the temperatures were dropping fast. We stayed at the Mill Inn, an old flour mill, and now a historic hotel (only 3 diamonds though, not 4 like the Cliff House!) :)


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Once again, the LORD was looking out for us. Had we decided to continue driving last night we probably would have been risking our lives. The roads this morning were still a little icy, but they were melting, so the going wasn't too rough.


WE MADE IT!!!! I would have gotten a picture of all three of us (Nathan, myself, and Saul) in front of the sign, but it was so windy I was afraid the camera would blow off of the Jeep! The rest of the drive was uneventful...but oh, so beautiful. I knew they called it Big Sky country, but I had no idea that the sky actually looks bigger here! The drive from the border all the way to Billings, I was constantly looking at the sky because I couldn't believe that it looked so BIG!!! (You may not believe me that the same sky can look so much bigger, so I guess you'll just have to come and see it for yourself!)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogand! And Montana.

    We’re so glad you made it out there safely. The pictures are great, especially the one of your adorable crooked puppy. We wish you all the best for this new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY - You made it! We miss you already, but know you are where you are supposed to be right now! Be safe & WARM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it safely to the newest chapter of this journey we call life! Hope the unpacking has gone well and hope Saul's leg is back to normal.

    ReplyDelete