It is tradition at our new church that the men make a big breakfast at the church on Easter morning, so Nathan and I went to church at 8:00 and I sat in the sanctuary and read as the men prepared breakfast. The food was really good, and the fellowship was unbeatable (except maybe by the fellowship of the afternoon!) The Easter service was wonderful, and Nathan and I even sang in the small ensemble that did special music! After church, another tradition is that a "family picture" is taken of those who attended church that day, and then we headed to the Nelson Ranch to join the whole Nelson clan for their Easter festivities! Everyone brought a little food, so in the end it turned out to be a feast! After the meal we took a break and had an Easter egg hunt! This is not just for the kids...there were several hundred eggs hidden...enough for 9 for each person there!
I don't think I've hunted for Easter eggs in a really long time...so it was pretty fun! Then, I wish I had taken pictures, but we had an egg toss. With this crowd, it was pretty intense, and hilarious! (Nathan caught one over his head and it broke!)
Then we went inside for dessert and most people headed home. We stayed along with about 10 others, put on our "muck boots", walked though deep mud and cowpies to the pond, and went fishing! It was so beautiful there!
We have decided that Easter 2009 has been our best day in Montana!!
If it's this beautiful now, I can't wait until the snow is gone and everything is GREEN!!!
Yay! What a blessing! I'm so thankful for the way God is working in your lives spiritually, financially, and fellowshiply. He couldn't do these things if you weren't open to his leading. Love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing! Your posts have been so inspirational recently. Glad to know you are so well taken care of in His hands! Love.
ReplyDelete