Well, I didn't get the job at at Wells Fargo. No problem, that just means I have more time to find something I really want to do...not just the first thing that presents itself...although it was kind of nice to think one of us would have work so soon. So, as we both look at the next weeks to maybe months of unemployment, we are planning on making the most of it. This week (we were going to start today, but I'm a little sick) we are going to try to get out every day and do some hiking, or just something outdoors. This will hopefully keep us from overwhelming boredom. If this was summertime, there would inevitibly be more to do, but then again, we probably would have both had work right away if this was summer...hmmmm. However, we are not completely without leads on jobs. Nathan will hopefully have his Independent Contractor's License in another week, which will open the door for him to advertise his new business. There is also a couple at church who sounded interested in hiring him for some landscaping (namely, building a rock wall, which you can do in the snow.) For me, I have thought for a long time that I would love to be an accompianist for a school choir. When I found out that our piano player at church also plays for the high school choir, I thought I would ask her if she needed help, or if she knew of any way for me to do something like that in the future. She said she would put the word out, and that it actually might work out for me to jump in for the junior high choir because the present accompianist isn't very reliable. If this opportunity works out, I would be so excited! Also, she encouraged me to consider being a piano teacher as there are only two in the area and they are both teaching as many as they can take. That, my friends, is an intimidating thought, but a definite possibility. I also hope to find a way to sell some pictures here in town.
Sounds like you have some exciting potential options. And good call about enjoying this time off as much as you can! I'm sure it will go too fast!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...Maybe this is the time to take up quilting (?) or knitting for a certain little niece or nephew that will be arriving in Sept:)We actually have some neat ladies bringing in blankets, hats and beautiful quilts to give to the newborns we see with our "Bright Beginnings" program. It is so neat to take them out to new parents, knowing a total stranger spent HOURS making gifts for a new tiny member of the community.
ReplyDeleteI think your pictures would make fabulous notecard sets at gift shops. You have such a great eye! Any news about subbing at the schools? You'd be a wonderful piano teacher,too. You certainly are a far cry from my stern, brusque Russian teacher who left me in tears every week :) Hang in there,kiddo. I know He has the perfect niche for you. Love you.